What are Coronaviruses?
They are viruses that affect the respiratory tract and are associated with the common cold, pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and middle east respiratory syndrome (MERS).
According to WHO, the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a special strain of coronavirus that has not been previously found in humans. Information on the spread, severity and clinical impact of the virus is still limited.
What are the symptoms?
• Shortness of breath
• Breathing difficulties
How long will the Coronavirus live on a surface?
Coronovirus can live on a surface for up to 6 days.
How can I prevent or protect others from Coronavirus?
• Wash your hands often with soap or water for at least 60 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you have cold-like symptoms.
• Avoid close contact with others.
How can I get it?
• Coughing and sneezing without covering the mouth can disperse droplets into the air, spreading the virus.
• Touchingorshakinghandswitha person that has the virus can pass the virus from one person to another.
• Making contact with a surface or object that has the virus and then touching your nose, eyes, or mouth.
• On rare occasions, a Coronavirus may spread through contact with feces.